| Medieval diocese: Lund
Stoby Church was constructed in 12th century with apse, choir and nave. The church was extended in 19th century at the north side to get more sites to the growing population.
The apse was painted in 13th century with romanesque paintings, which today are very fragmentaric. At end of the 15th century the chancel was painted by the Everlöv workshop. The paintings were whitewashed in the 18th century but uncovered and restored in 1908-09.
A Catalogue of Wall-Paintings in the Churches of Medieval Denmark 1100-1600. Scania, Halland Blekinge. III Catalogue N-Ö. Copenhagen 1976 p 98-100