Östra Herrestad Church
| Medieval diocese: Lund
The church was built in 12th century perhaps by Carl Stenmester who has signed the tympanon above the south portal. In 15th century the church was vaulted and decorated with murals by Östra Herrestad workshop. In 18th century the church was painted white. In late 19th century the paintings were uncovered and heavy restored.
A Catalogue of Wall-Paintings in the Churches of Medieval Denmark 1100-1600. Scania, Halland Blekinge. III Catalogue N-Ö. Copenhagen 1976 p 262-268.