| Medieval diocese: Lund
The medieval Färlöv was situated at the old road from the Baltic sea to the forests of Göinge county where the rich Hvide family from the insel of Seeland had property. From the forests of Göinge come also iron wined from bog-ore. As the archbishop of Lund – Anshelm – had one of his castel in Åhus near the coast and belonged to the Hvide family the church was fonded by him around 1180. The baptismal font is made by stone from Jutland, the most western part of the Danish kingdom.
The original church with apses, choir and nave was extended in 1770 with a north transept. At the same time the medieval vaults in the nave were replaced by at flat ceiling. Hundred years later the nave was extended with a transept towards south.
At end of the 15th century the vaults were painted by Anders Johansson who has signed and dated his paintings in Linderöd church in 1498.
The altarpiece with St Peter is av work from northern Germany at the end of 15th century.
A Catalogue of Wall-Paintings in the Churches of Medieval Denmark 1100-1600. Scania, Halland Blekinge. II Catalogue A-M. Copenhagen 1976 p 138-140