Norra Strö Church
| Medieval diocese: Lund
The church was constructed at the end of 12th century by freestone from limestone. The original building consists of apse, choir and nave. The south entrance was supplemented by a porch at the end of the 16th century. The tower replaced the older detached bell-tower in 1837.
In the apse there are some remaining from Romanesque paintings. Fragments of a Majestas Dominum and row of apostles are visible. The main paintings are from the 1450 to 1475 and made by the Vittskövle workshop. The paintings were uncovered and restored in 1947-48.
A Catalogue of Wall-Paintings in the Churches of Medieval Denmark 1100-1600. Scania, Halland Blekinge. III Catalogue N-Ö. Copenhagen 1976 p 8-13.