| Medieval diocese: Lund
Borrie Church was built in the first half of the 12th century with nave, choir and apse. A west tower was probably built in the 13th century. A porch on south side of the nave was added later in the medieval times, probably in the 15th century The choir has barrel vault and is one of the first example of barrel vaulting in a Skåne rural church. The west tower probably collapsed in the medieval time. In 1874 the church was deserted and the west wall, the south porch and the apse were pulled down.
The lavishly decorated rood shows Anglo-Saxon influence. The recesses on both sides of the chancel arch contained altars.
The church was restorer in 1928-29. A new apse was built and the original doorways in the north and south sides were opened up
Erik Johansson, Borrie kyrka En byggnadsarkeologisk undersökning. Lund 2007