| Medieval diocese: Lund
Middle of 13th century
Monks from the Cistercians order built Rinkaby church. The small tower in the middle of the roof is typical for the Cistercians. There is no apses and the east wall in the choir is straight. In the 15th century the church was vaulted and in the end of the century the Vittskövle workshop painted the vaults. In the choir there are remainings of the last judgement in two of the severies of the vault. In the two vaults in the nave the paintings deal with the fall and the first labour. The labour paintings give a very good idea of the farmers work in the late medieval time.
A Catalogue of Wall-Paintings in the Churches of Medieval Denmark 1100-1600. Scania, Halland Blekinge. III Catalogue N-Ö. Copenhagen 1976 p 40-41